Please note, Mapquest, Google Maps and GPS will all bring you here. The following directions will bring you here, simply and easily!
Directions to the Chambered Nautilus: From I-5
- Take I-5 to the 50th Street Exit (exit 169)
- Heading North on I-5 from the Airport ,you will turn right on 50th Street
- Heading South on I-5 you will turn left on 50th Street
- Follow 50th till it almost ends at 20th Ave. NE. There is a flashing red stoplight at the intersection and you will turn Left on 20th NE.
- Follow 20th to 54th St and turn Right on 54th St. (You are now going downhill).
- At the bottom of the hill turn Right onto 22nd Ave NE.
- We are at 5005 22nd Ave NE. The house is on the right hand side of the road, about 200-300 yards down. Look up, we're on the hillside and there is a sign. The house is a large blue Georgian Colonial.
Directions to the Chambered Nautilus: From SR 520 Westbound
- Follow 520 W to I-5 Northbound and then follow the directions above.
- Take the Montlake Exit off of SR 520
- Merge onto Montlake and go over the bridge at the Montlake Cut and past Husky Stadium on the right
- Get into the left hand lane, just past the stadium and keep going straight, there is a sign that says for 25th Ave NE, it looks like a left turn lane sign but if you stay in the left lane and go straight you will be on 25th Ave NE
- At the light at 55th Street NE (there is a laundromat on the corner) turn left.
- Soon you will be faced with the option to go up a very large hill, or veer to your left.
- VEER to your LEFT. This will put you on 22nd Ave NE
- We are at 5005 22nd Ave NE. The house is on the right hand side of the road, about 200-300 yards down.
- Look up, we're on the hillside and there is a sign. The house is a large blue Georgian Colonial
There are 2 rental car agencies, Enterprise and Budget here in the University District should you want to wait and rent a car after you are all settled in. Enterprise will come to the Inn to get you, Budget is about a 20 minute walk from the Inn.
TRANSPORTATION OPTIONS FROM THE AIRPORT
Via Taxi: From the Baggage Claim area, follow the signs to Ground Transportation and Taxi. There you can pick up the Airport taxis. They will bring you directly to our door at the cost of about $50.00 and the trip will be about 35 minutes. You can also call your own taxi and they will pick you up at the departure area. We like Orange Cab: 206-522-8800.
Via Shuttle or Van Service
We recommend using
Shuttle Express. From the Baggage claim area again follow the signs to Ground Transportation, as you see the taxi area, look behind you and to the right and you will see the Shuttle Express Desk. They will make other stops en route but will also bring you directly to our door. Rates are varied, dependent upon number of passengers. Typically, a reservation for two people directly traveling to our Inn would be about $37.00. You can check rates and reserve by calling them at 425-981-7000 or on line at www.shuttleexpress.com. Advance reservations are recommended. They will pick you up at the Inn for your return trip and sometimes offer a roundtrip discount.
Via Public Transportation (Bus): This is easy (if you are traveling light), inexpensive, and takes about an hour to an hour and 15 minutes. Take Metro Transit bus 194 Downtown from Transit Bay 2. Transit Bay 2 is located at the south end of the baggage claim. Just keep walking following the signs and just outside the south door is the bus stop. The #194 is an Express and will get you to downtown in about 30 minutes. Ask for a transfer ticket and if the bus goes into a tunnel (weekdays till 7PM) then get off at the University Street Station. If the bus stays on surface streets (weekends and eve) they you will need to get off at 3rd Avenue and Union street.
Once Downtown, you will need to get off at the above locations and transfer buses (free by using your transfer ticket received on the previous ride) to Route(s) # 71,72,or 73 at the University Street Station (Bus Tunnel) or at 3rd and Union, heading toward the University District. Exit the bus at University Way NE and NE 45th Street. We are just a short walk away; head east on NE 45th Street, towards UW Campus. After six blocks, you will want to take a left onto 22nd Ave NE. We are located at 5005 22nd Ave NE. Bus fare will range from $2.00-$2.50 per person depending on time of day.
TRANSPORTATION OPTIONS FROM THE TRAIN STATION
The train station is located at the south end of downtown, about a 15-20 minute drive from the Inn.
Via Taxi: Step outside the station and there are taxi's waiting, or call your own. Orange Cab at 206-522-8800. The fare to the Inn will be about $20-$25.00
Via Bus: You will want to take the north exit of the King Street Station onto South Jackson Street. Walk two blocks eastward to the intersection of South Jackson Street and 5th Avenue South. Cross 5th Ave South, and you will find the bus stop on the right. There, you may take Route(s) 71, 72, or 73 towards the University District. The ride should take approximately 25 minutes. Exit the bus at University Way NE and NE 45th Street. We are just a short walk away; head east on NE 45th Street, towards UW Campus. After six blocks, you will want to take a left onto 22nd Ave NE. We are located at 5005 22nd Ave NE. Bus fare will range from $2.00-$2.25 per person, depending upon peak hours.